News in Topocad 18.1.0 (2018-05-04)
- Attributes can be sorted into groups which can be applied to objects and survey data.
- Longer names/values can be set in Settings/Project/Metadata.
- Possible to save filters and use them in right click menu.
- Possible to change settings for polylines with arcs and heights when exporting to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Possible to choose if supressed line segments should be included when exporting to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Property positions could show wrong attribute for points/symbols.
- Correction: Attributes did not work correctly.
- Create DTM command can use objects created from point cloud vectorization or imported from wavefront files (*.obj).
- New function for adding slope to DTM.
- Possible to transform point clouds with Gtrans and Proj4.
- Possible to transform point clouds with Gtrans and Proj4.
- Possible to change point cloud elevation.
- Possible to choose areas for filter functions.
- Find cylinder command now has an option to erase points inside or outside of found cylinders.
- New options to create meshes in point cloud vectorize command.
- Correction: Coordinate system could not be set for point cloud documents.
- Possible to hide point markers in section templates and calculated sections.
- Correction: User defined tunnel terrain layers could not use DTMs.
- Possible to set attribute group on survey data.
News in Topocad 18.0.4 (2018-04-16)
- Correction: Enhanced command to create parallel poly lines.
- The program asks the user if the started process is to be opened.
News in Topocad 18.0.3 (2018-03-16)
- Correction: Cutting with window or polygon did not work.
- Correction: Hatch patterns were occasionally drawn with solid fill style.
- Correction: AutoCAD linetypes could still cause program to crash when saving if cut and paste had been done between drawings.
- Correction: Areas were not written in inserted section drawings.
- New version of PrintfPC included for import from Leica 1200/VIVA.
News in Topocad 18.0.2 (2018-02-14)
- Correction: Pasting of text from the clipboard didn’t work in create/edit text.
- Correction: The linetype preview window wasn’t always closed correctly.
- Correction: Export to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf) format AutoCAD 2013 was exported as format AutoCAD 2018.
- Correction: Lines imported from Geo files (*.geo) were missing point ID and point code.
- Correction: The report for calculated points didn’t show calculated height for points known in plan..
- Possible to set visible state for attribute styles in the layer manager.
- Correction: If the symbol definition in the layer was missing, points were created instead of symbols.
- Correction: Parentheses were missing from SQL clauses.
News in Topocad 18.0.1 (2018-01-30)
• New module for handling solid objects.
• System settings can be imported from previous version.
• System and project settings for project meta data.
• Attributes can be preset from Horizontal and Vertical coordinate system, Full user name, and meta data from system and project settings.
• Level of detail (LOD) can be set on objects.
• Possible to use multiple PP-files.
• New function in legend command for adding visible linetypes and symbols.
• New function for changing object layer.
• New North arrow type in drawing sheets.
• New Ribbon bar category for Civil plan.
• Search function added to layer manager.
• Possible to set camera focus to object centre in orbit mode by holding shift when selecting object or using right click menu.
• Possible to stretch objects in plane by pressing Ctrl.
• Added check box for creating multiple objects in all dimension commands.
• Fetch entity properties button added next to layer manager.
• 3D views can be saved in Zoom view tool box.
• New option in Lengthen command to only use part of line to calculate length.
• Polygons without fill style can be selected by clicking inside polygon.
• New layout in Legend command.
• New options in snap folder in system settings. Grips at midpoints can be turned on or off, and their color can be set.
• Enabled current layer, linetype, color, ucs and layer collection controls in custom category.
• Symbols can be scaled along z-axis.
• Optimized polygon stretching.
• Zoom level is retained when changing camera mode.
• Macro dialog includes icons and colors.
• Preview window added for linetypes and point codes.
• Optimized selection of symbols.
• Break command displays a marker on altered lines.
• Simplified drawing of highlighted symbols for improved performance.
• Correction: Property positions were always drawn at z=0.
• Correction: Local linetypes and symbols were not updated when replaced by global version.
• Correction: AutoCAD linetype shapes were always drawn at z=0.
• Correction: AutoCAD linetypes could be drawn even if layer was invisible.
• Correction: AutoCAD linetypes could cause program to crash when saving if cut and paste had been done between drawings.
• New options in vectorize command.
• Section objects can be defined by a radius and thickness. The circle can be cut from all custom areas in section template.
• Possible to filter which filetypes should be available for import/export. (System settings/CAD/Import/Export).
• Possible to disable the missing shx file dialog when importing from AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf) (System settings/CAD/Import/Export).
• Export to IFC (*.ifc) supported.
• Importing and exporting AutoCAD 2018 files (*.dwg,*.dxf) supported.
• Import of color and material from IFC (*.ifc) supported.
• Correction: When exporting to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf), filled objects must be exported before the lines, otherwise the lines will be covered by the filled objects.
• Correction: Objects from write protected layers were not imported from AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
• Correction: Lines were not exported correctly in generic export.
• Correction: Linetypes with shape files were not imported correctly from AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
• Added support for importing facenet objects from EspaCity.
• Added system settings specifying how 3D-solids should be generated from facenets.
News in Topocad 17.2.0 (2017-10-03)
- Attribute values can be preset from symbol name.
- Symbols can be set to only be displayed in symbol library and when editing civil properties.
- New command to create cross sections and profile from objects in drawing.
- Section drawings command can now draw areas.
- Correction: Printed raster images could be blurred.
- Correction: Layer filter did not work in Point and Pile differences commands.
- Correction: Repeat last command did not work with macros.
- Correction: Fixed issues in Slope hatching command.
- Correction: Fixed error when reading polyline dimension whose line had been deleted.
- Correction: Affin transformation without scale did not work.
- Correction: Raster from WMS did not work if WMS and drawing did not use same coordinate system.
- Correction: Thermic colors did not work in Volume calculation command.
- User defined areas can be added to calculated sections without changing the template.
- Correction: Calculated sections with section objects containing solid objects were not imported correctly.
- Correction: User name and password were not read for WMS.
- Correction: Symbol rotation did not work.
- New setting for specifying into which layer a property should be exploded.
- New search function when selecting civil property.
- Correction: Start kilometer could not be changed in Slew / Lift command.
News in Topocad 17.1.1 (2017-05-17)
• Fixed missing translation in 32-bit version
• Correction: Bearing dimensions were not saved correctly.
• Correction: WMS was only drawn in drawing sheet if the WMS and drawing had different coordinate systems.
• Correction: Only one WMS was shown when multiple WMS were used.
• Correction: Legend editor did not add types in correct order when adding all visible types.
• Correction: Point code description was not exported to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
News in Topocad 17.1.0 (2017-05-08)
• Support for Web Map Tile Service (WMTS).
• Support for different coordinate systems in WMS/WMTS and drawing provided drawing has valid EPSG-code.
• Correction: Filled surfaces with varying height were not drawn correctly (DirectX).
• Correction: Pattern in filled surfaces could be drawn with linetype.
• Correction: Scale could not be set in Modify raster command.
• New format for importing/exporting solids (*.tsm).
• Support for import/export of CityGML (*.gml).
• Correction: Sideline profiles got wrong height when exporting roadline, profile and crossfall to Leica 1200 and Leica VIVA.
• Correction: Drawing was not updated after importing data from instrument.
• New function to set point colors depending on distance from solid (*.tsm).
• Easier to select pointcloud objects in drawing.
• New function to locate cylinders.
• Easier to select DTM objects in drawing.
• Improved import of LandXML
• Multi DTM volume command saves settings.
• Support for solids (*.tsm) in user terrain layers.
• Improved triangulation of area-volumes when importing to drawing (*.topx).
• Correction: Symbol preview in FDO settings did not work.
• Correction: View rotation did not work in DirectX.
• Correction: WMS-services got wrong name.
News in Topocad 17.0.1 (2017-03-24)
- Improved manual adjustment of column width.
- Correction: Some commands could not be added to custom menu.
- Correction: Point codes were not sorted correctly in point code library.
- Correction: Wrong unit was displayed for slope if using per mille format.
- Correction: Fixed error when copying Point code from grid to text.
- Correction: Thin lines are printed with greater line width (OpenGL and DirectX).
- New button in Properties window for editing property positions.
- Window size is saved for Edit as Text and XRefs.
- Correction: Saving as version 16 did not work if there were text objects in the drawing.
- Correction: Views were drawn with wrong color and linetype.
- Correction: Global linetypes were not copied correctly into drawing.
- Correction: Report images were rendered incorrectly (DirectX).
- Correction: Vertical surfaces could not be selected.
- Correction: Some solids and symbols could not be selected.
- Correction: Macro commands did not use specified pattern scale.
- Correction: Selected objects were indistinct with black background.
- Correction: Profile was not drawn (DirectX).
- Correction: Insert sections command did not increase Start section after inserting sections. Text size has been adjusted.
- Correction: When importing calculated sections to a drawing, some points could get their height set to zero.
- Correction: It was possible to create duplicates when creating new sections.
- Correction: After storing calculated coordinates in an existing drawing, the drawing had to be manually regenerated.
- Ability to rotate attribute by object (lines only).
- Correction: History columns were not read correctly.
- Correction: Symbols were not rotated correctly.
News in Topocad 17.0.0 (2017-01-25)
Brochure with describing texts and images of the new features in Topocad 17:
News in Topocad 17.pdf
- DirectX 11.0 supported as display adapter, and possible to select device for rendering.
- Ability to manually save system files.
- Option to save, or not save, all open documents when closing program.
- Option to choose if Point codes should be case sensitive.
- Possible to search for line types, symbols, attributes, point codes, materials and product codes in dialogs.
- Dialogs for selecting project, linetypes, symbols, attributes, point codes, material, product codes, civil properties, and dimension style are now resizable.
- Parametric solids. Support for all solid primitives.
- New command for 3D Solid collision detection.
- New command for 3D Solid chamfer.
- New command for 3D Solid fillet.
- New command for specifying 3D-views in drawing sheet.
- New raster handling. Large images are split and loaded dynamically when necessary (only applies to jpg, bmp, tiff).
- Ability to set WMS on drawing view.
- Ability to set background outline color on text objects.
- Ability to put created symbol into global symbol library.
- Ability to filter Sheet templates when inserting drawing sheet.
- Ability to load to/from points from file in Affin/Helmert transformation.
- Ability to find duplicates in lines in Check objects command.
- Ability to trim/extend lines against terrain models.
- Ability to trim terrain model with other terrain model.
- Ability to turn on/off line type generation on layers. New layers use drawing/system setting.
- Ability to set text rotation on angular, arc, diameter, and radius dimension.
- Ability to use raster file as external reference.
- Ability to set light properties on materials.
- Ability to set display mode on raster objects.
- Grip on mid point of arc is triangle shaped.
- Drawing view is removed when its drawing sheet is deleted.
- New print function which supports transparency.
- Improved camera control in orbit mode.
- Current camera view is saved in drawing.
- Objects can be copied and moved in current UCS.
- Improved parsing of WMS capabilities.
- Improved fillet command.
- New legend component for area list.
- Text objects replace <br> with new line.
- Point cloud objects can be exploded.
- Correction: Transformation of external references did not work.
- Parametric solids. Support for beams, pipes etc.
- New calculation function to sweep a symbol (2D-contour) along surveyed line and create a 3D solid.
- Ability to set product code in calculation functions for solids.
- Ability to move rows up or down in survey document grids.
- Modified observations are colored blue.
- New and simpler editing of roadlines in CAD-view.
- A certain document type need only to be chosen once. The selected document will automatically be chosen for all other instances of the same type.
- In system settings a template can be selected for all new profile forms.
- Export to STL (3D printers).
- Improved export to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Excluded layers did not work when importing drawing (*.top/*.topx).
- Ability to turn on/off line type generation on layers.
- Ability to turn on/off line type generation on layers.
- Option to select a list of layers to snap against when creating lines.
- Ability to configure which history columns to read.
- Correction: Mirror command did not replace Camber left with Camber right and vice versa.
News in Topocad 16.2.0 (2016-07-18)
- Correction: GTrans did not work in 32-bit Topocad.
- Added options to label lines and roadlines with section, element length, bearing, radius and parameter.
- New command to create lines from solids.
- Pile differences command can now compare heights to DTM.
- Added system setting to let texts be dependent on drawing scale.
- Added system setting for whether linetypes should be displayed and printed or not.
- Improved editing of text objects.
- Rectify command now works for nonclosed lines.
- Possible to explode legend object and edit it manually.
- Added option to create DTM in drawing, instead of creating a new document.
- Added option in create DTM command to select lines for deleting triangles.
- Snap is handled faster for objects in symbols.
- Faster loading of files with objects containing many attributes.
- Faster printing.
- Improved cut command.
- Correction: Dimension objects displayed wrong number of properties.
- Correction: Angular dimension did not work correctly.
- Correction: Default drawing was loaded when inserting drawing sheets.
- Correction: External references were loaded twice when inserted.
- Correction: Pile difference displayed wrong comparision.
- Correction: Flat shaded terrain models were black in drawing sheets.
- Correction: Selecting ellipses did not work.
- Drawings can be exported to 3D PDF (*.pdf).
- Better support for formated text when importing/exporting AutoCAD drawings (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Leaders were not imported correctly from AutoCAD (*dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Ellipses were not scaled correctly when imported from AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Hatch patterns were not scaled correctly when imported from AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Improved import of splines from AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Added command to reduce lenghts by PPM.
- ID column can now have data type double and single.
- The grid in DTM volume command can now show height differences, local heights at cell corners, and multiple values at the same position.
- New command for volume calculation using multiple terrain models and points clouds.
- Correction: Black background did not work in point cloud documents.
- Added option to select properties and addresses from hidden layers in FAST command.
News Topocad 16.1.9 (2016-05-23)
- Correction: Line segments shorter than AutoCAD linetype definition were drawn incorrectly.
- Correction: Calculation to existing drawings didn’t work.
- Correction: SQL queries with dates didn’t work.
- Correction: Text was not updated correctly.
News Topocad 16.1.8 (2016-05-17)
- Faster rendering of drawing sheets.
- Correction: Line types and symbols was added to the global libraries when loading files.
- Correction: The dot fill pattern showed a dot symbol from the system settings instead of a simple point.
- Correction: Suppressed lines appeared on print-outs.
- Correction: Line types could be drawn incorrectly on print-outs.
- Correction: The camera could behave incorrectly in orbit mode.
- Correction: Coordinate grid was drawing view scale dependent.
- Correction: Symbols with fill patterns from AutoCAD were not drawn correctly.
- Correction: UCS from two points calculated wrong slope unless node points was selected.
- Correction: Drawings that were also open as external references could not be edited.
- Correction: Fill patterns are now only dependent of the drawing scale instead of drawing view scale.
- Correction: The text was not updated correctly when refreshing.
- Correction: Attribute styles could not be created with empty values.
- Correction: Export to ALC (* .AGE) was missing.
- Correction: General import (*. *) of length table was missing.
- Correction: Import of length table from LandXML (* .xml) was missing.
- Correction: Export of slew/lift to * .ABL changed to * .VER.
News in Topocad 16.1.6 (2016-04-19)
- Correction: The dialog to show properties was wrongly shown of it wasn’t docked.
- Correction: Texts could be displayed with wrong color.
- Correction: The command to cut parts from drawing lost heights on cutted objects.
- Correction: Transparent rasters (.png and .tga) wasn’t shown.
- Correction: Improved reading of layers at loading of properties for WMS
- Correction: Pattern hatches from AutoCAD could be wrongly displayed.
- Correction: Celculation function for 3D beam wasn’t working properly.
- Correction: Height systems wasn’t exported/imported to LandXML.
- Correction: Import of road lines with clotoides (spirals) from LandXML wasn’t working properly.
- Correction: Symbols wasn’t dependent of drawing scale even if the symbol definition said so.
- Correction: Filled polygons with arcs wasn’t saved properly.
- Correction: Symbols wasn’t dependent of drawing scale even if the symbol definition said so.
- Correction: Symbols wasn’t dependent of drawing scale even if the symbol definition said so.
- Possibility to enter a SQL WHERE search in the layer definition.
News in Topocad 16.1.5 (2016-03-23)
- Correction: Dialogue for search and modify in grid is now much faster.
- Correction: Possible to search and modify control codes.
- Correction: The command for Break lines didn’t work properly.
- Correction: Line types with start/end-offset wasn’t correct in the drawing sheet.
- Correction: Command for cut parts of drawing didn’t handle scale and orientation in AutoCAD patterns.
- Correction: Trim function approved.
- Correction: Colour by point code did show wrong colour.
- Correction: Polyline selection didn’t work.
- Correction: Polygons with patterns was wrongly exported to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dfx).
- Correction: Import of road lines with spirals from LandXML (*.xml) wasn’t working.
- Correction: Import from Geodimeter didn’t work.
- Correction: Report for levelling data did display the error in meter, not millimeter.
- Correction: Calculation of survey data with round of measurements could be wrong when the bearings was close to 200 GON.
- Correction: Width scale for texts wasn’t working.
- Correction: The volume command could create contour lines not correctly.
- Correction: Polyline selection didn’t work.
Nyheter i Topocad 16.1.1 (2015-03-04)
- Possibility to lock system files in system settings.
- Possibility to make texts bold, italic, underlined, strikeout, strikethrough, subscript and / or raised.
- Possibility to create boolean operations at many solids simultaenouosly.
- Possibility to sweep several profiles on several lines simultaenouosly.
- Possibility to sweep profiles at lines with breaks.
- Possibility to extrude several profiles simultaenouosly towards a digital terrain model or point cloud.
- Possibility to enter product code for solids.
- Possibility to give a distance and enter a slope to the camera in the road line viewer.
- Possibility to edit solids in the Edit as text command.
- Possibility to control and select overlapping surfaces (polygons and closed polylines) in the Control object command.
- Selected raster objects and solids is displayed differently.
- Correction: Object properties (attributes) could be displayed wrongly for older objects from Topocad version 14 and 15.
- Correction: Line type symbols could be drawn in wrong color.
- Correction: The commands stretch and offset could use wrong heights.
- Correction: Line types with shapes from AutoCAD (*.lin) was imported with wrong scale.
- Correction: Attribute in the command insert symbol was displayed wrongly.
- New macro to add attribute on an object.
- Possibility to give AutoCAD line types possibility to use line type generation.
- Possibility to hide lines.
- Possibility to enter information about how to format text for bold, italic, underlined. Strikeout, strike through, subscript and/or raised.
- Correction: Locked attributes wasn’t handled correctly.
- Possible to export point clouds with generic export.
- Possible to export point clouds to LAS (*.las).
- Changed and faster vectorizing..
- Support for formatting of text import/export to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Support of polygons (flate) at import/export to SOSI (*.sos).
- Correction: The dialog for change offset wasn’t closed correctly.
- Possible to enter intervals for thermal colors in the volume DTM vs DTM command.
- Possible to create layer for true heights for the intersection layer in the volume DTM vs DTM command.
- Correction: Contour lines with rounded curved with the volume command didn’t have the color ”By layer”.
- Correction: Heights from DTM could fail to calculate the height if the point was above a triangle corner.
- Correction: The components Area, Profile differencies and Terrain profile didn’t work with point clouds.
- New command to measure distances and slopes in section templates and calculated sections.
- New command to measure areas in section templates and calculated sections.
- Support for AutoCAD patterns.
- Pressure and temperature was given wrong values at manual insertion in station.
News in Topocad 16.0.6 (2016-02-16)
- Correction: Fillet command did not work between first and last segment of closed line.
- Correction: Topology intersections did not work in Check objects command.
- Correction: Dimension texts were not exported correctly to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Polygons were not exported correctly to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf) when using attribute dependent layers.
- Correction: The prism constant was not used when creating traverses, even if set to do so.
News in Topocad 16.0.4 (2015-12-08)
- Correction: Texts were printed with wrong scale.
- Correction: Solid and mesh objects could not have their materials set to “No material”.
- Correction: Lines with linetype symbols could be drawn with wrong color.
- Correction: Drawing settings for point info did not work for symbols.
- Correction: Frozen objects were shown in filter function.
- Correction: First row got no value.
- Correction: Post check of unknown heights report had an incorrect summary.
News in Topocad 16.0.3 (2015-12-08)
• New material library for 3D objects.
• New library for product codes.
• Units for length, area, volume, and mass.
• Gtrans 3.6.6.
• Link to the temporary catalogue under System Settings\General\Folders.
• Link to project catalogue under Project Settings\ General\Folders.
• Current graphics cards and drivers shown under System Settings\CAD\Screen.
• Ability to set the maximum number of pixels for rasters under System Settings\CAD\Screen.
• Ability to set the maximum number of points to display in point clouds in CAD view under System Settings\CAD\Screen.
• Import/Export tab in the code table moved to the survey tab.
• Ability to set vertical coordinate system in the document.
• Ability to specify group for attributes and line types.
• Ability to save backup files when saving drawings.
• Correction: Validating drawing on save did not work.
• New command to create ellipses.
• New command to create 3D mesh objects, e.g. Box, Sphere and more.
• New command to perform Boolean operations on 3D mesh objects. The boolean functions are: Union, Subtract, and Difference.
• New command to create 3D solid objects such as Box, Sphere and more.
• New command to create 3D solid objects by sweeping a profile along a line.
• New command to create 3D solid objects by setting a height of a closed 2D objects.
• New command to create 3D solid objects by joining multiple closed 2D objects.
• New command to perform Boolean operations on 3D solid objects. The boolean functions are: Union, Subtract, and Difference.
• New command to freeze all layers that are not selected.
• New command to connect points with lines (point references).
• New command to convert text into points.
• New command to get a report on selected solids.
• New command to add product code on an object.
• New function to snap to intersections of line extensions (apparent intersection).
• Ability to specify symbols in line types. The symbols can be drawn for example, at each node point, at a certain range, with a certain offset, etc.
• Ability to specify a color for external references.
• Ability to expand/collapse objects in the command Edit as text.
• Display settings for point information is stored in the drawing.
• Ability to create multiple drawing sheets over an area.
• Ability to work with 2D objects in a 3D space. Added support for object planes. 2D objects are: Line, Circle, Ellipse, Polygon, Text, Symbol Reference (Insert), Dimensions
• Ability to rotate objects in 3D. You can now select the rotation axis of the rotation. Default is the Z-axis (2D rotation).
• Ability to specify start section when labeling.
• Ability to break a line with another line.
• Ability to specify multiple lines for upper and lower edge in the Create slope markings command.
• Ability to specify the length of short/long lines and whether these should be double or single in the Create slope markings command.
• The filter function shows only the object types present in the drawing when filtering on object.
• Improved functionality for picking object among multiple selected objects.
• Two new scale bars in the drawing sheet.
• New handles (grips) on mid points of objects.
• Ability to stretch more object types (raster, civil properties, dimensions, circles and terrain models).
• Imported terrain models and roadlines can be selected more easily in commands that require a terrain model or roadline file.
• Improved handling of drawing sheets.
• Improved management of WMS.
• CAD view rotates to match the ESPA City view.
• System settings for character encoding and code table when exporting to various text formats from the drawing (*.sos, *.geo, *.kof, *.242, *.mif, *.txt, *.pxy, *.shp, *.xyz).
• Ability to import BIM data from IFC files.
• Ability to specify that a line type (in the line type definition) should be exported to a different line type when it’s being exported to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.Dxf).
• Ability to export data in 2D when exporting to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.Dxf).
• New calculation function to create curbs as 3D solid objects.
• New calculation function to create square pillars as 3D solid objects.
• New calculation function to create circular columns as 3D solid objects.
• New calculation function to create pipes as 3D solid objects.
• New point type to create polygons.
• New control code for start/finish polygons.
• Ability to add 2D objects as cross-sections in section templates. The calculated sections stretch them into 3D objects that can be imported into the drawing.
• Ability to add 3D objects at specified intervals in section templates.
• More flexible ways to define areas in section templates.
• New function for importing data from Leica MS50.
News in Topocad 15.3.8 (2015-11-20)
• Correction: Attributes were not copied when creating a polygon.
• Correction: Layer attributes cleared attribute values on objects when importing from drawing to drawing.
• Correction: Improved handling of WMS.
Import / export
• Ability to import/export MapInfo TAB Files (*.tab).
• Correction: Images were not imported correctly from AutoCAD (*.dwg /*.Dxf).
• Ability to show shortcomings.
• Ability to change to which building an entrance belongs.
• Correction: Symbols could not be used as addresses.
• Correction: Buildings got wrong height if they were in 2D.
• Correction: It was not possible to create new address locations.
• Correction: Existing address locations could not be moved.
• Possibility to indicate if a layer should be frozen, not visible, locked, only for display and not for printing.
• Correction: Trails were always closed lines.
News in Topocad 15.3.5 (2015-10-07)
• Code descriptions can be included in the report for Edit as Text.
• Support for coordinate systems when exporting to MapInfo (*.mid).
• Support for different character encodings when exporting to MapInfo (*.mid).
• Correction: Images were exported incorrectly to AutoCAD (*.dwg /*.dxf.).
• Correction: Default values for attributes were stored incorrectly in the code table (*.tct).
• Correction: Settings for import/export did not work properly.
• Correction: Attributes could not be modified in the code table.
• Support for FDO 4.0.0.
• Correction: Point layer did not work properly.
• Correction: Volume calculation report is updated.
• Correction: Export of road line to the Swedish Transport Administration LandXML standard (*.xml) did not work properly.
• Full support for addresses, address areas, entrances, and parishes.
• Correction: Coordinate system was not set properly when fetching buildings.
• New handling of header.
News Topocad 15.3.4 (September 2, 2015)
- Correction: Line weights were occasionally drawn incorrectly.
- Correction: Texts with zero height in drawing sheet caused a crash.
- Correction: AutoCAD line types were not drawn in the legend.
- Correction: When changing external references to visible/non-visible, the drawing was not redrawn correctly.
- Correction: Dimensions for radius and diameter did not work.
- Ability to export files to MapInfo (* .mid / *. mif) with different character encoding than ANSI (UTF-8 or Unicode).
- Correction: Raster images were exported with an incorrect scale to AutoCAD (* .dwg / *. dxf).
- Correction: The width scale of texts was not exported to AutoCAD (* .dwg / *. dxf).
- Correction: Symbols used directly in the drawing sheets were scaled incorrectly in the model when importing from AutoCAD (* .dwg / *. dxf).
- Correction: The settings dialog caused memory leaks and kept the documents open in the background with no way to close them.
- Correction: Functions to test connection error between heights, excluded measurements and searching for gross errors with reduced weights did not work.
- Correction: Report for the Gross Error Detection function did not work.
- Correction: The survey data document was not named after the job name.
- Correction: Naming of new drawings in the calculation did not work.
- Correction: File-based geo databases were assigned an incorrect extension when copied.
News in Topocad 15.3.3 (2015-06-17)
- Correction: Elliposid corrections did not work.
- Correction: Time has been added for date (date, date/time, timestamp).
News in Topocad 15.3.2 (2015-05-04)
- Correction: Creating polygon drawing views did not work.
- Correction: Linetypes could cause errors in drawing sheet.
- Correction: Copied groups were exploded when read from file.
- Correction: Layer settings file (*.tls) was not saved correctly.
- Correction: Searching did not work.
- Correction: Attributes could not be saved.
- Correction: Errors in workflow command did not work.
- Correction: Attribute positions could not be saved (requires ISM Client 188.8.131.52 or higher).
- Correction: Layer names could not start with space when exporting to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Quality data were not imported for GPS-coordinates when imported from Trimble (*.jxl).
- Correction: Coordinates were entered in wrong order when imported from Trimble (*.jxl).
- Correction: Create intersections command could miss some intersection lines, especially when profile height was negative.
News Topocad 15.3.1 (2015-03-30)
- Correction: Instrument corrections were not read correctly.
- Correction: When importing from Trimble (* .jxl), stations mean values were included as measurements.
- Correction: When importing from Trimble (* .jxl) only mean coordinates from face measurements should be imported.
- Correction: The raster width was incorrect when downloading an image from WMS to the drawing.
- Correction: SQL queries on layers were not read correctly.
News in Topocad 15.3.0 (2015-03-09)
- Ability to close the document with a middle button click on the document tab.
- Correction: Problem with minimizing ribbon bar resolved.
- Correction: Problem with rescaling of icons in higher resolution resolved.
Delivery (only in Sweden)
- New feature to edit and synchronize buildings to and from the National Land Survey via BAL.
- Correction: Text with background appeared on invisible layers.
- Correction: The copy attributes command did not work properly.
- Correction: Civil plan properties could be drawn even if the layer was invisible.
- Correction: Symbols in civil plan properties were not saved in the drawing.
- Correction: Civil plan properties exploded incorrectly.
- Correction: Components of the layer manager could be displayed incorrectly.
- Correction: Layers could be created incorrectly in a volume calculation.
- Correction: In the merge command it is now possible to select the maximum length graphically in the 3D view.
- Correction: DTM objects in drawings were drawn even if they were in a frozen layer.
- Correction: The ability to manually enter the layer filter for boundary polygon was missing.
- Correction: Civil plan properties had an incorrect default value for symbol height.
- Correction: Text height could not be changed.
- Correction: Snap modes could not be changed.
- Correction: Texts longer than 30 characters were exported incorrectly to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Line spacing was exported incorrectly to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Layer attribute from the database was not included in the export to the drawing (*.topx).
- Correction: Radius could be imported incorrectly from GEO coordinate files (*.geo).
- Correction: Better support for import of JobXML (*.jxl).
- Correction: Opening the map did not work on file-based databases (*.mdb, *.fgdb) unless the connection to the database had already been established.
- Correction: The function to copy a file-based database did not work.
- It is now possible to set color to “by layer” on attribute positions.
- Correction: Attribute values on new objects were not correctly set.
- Correction: Opening a map using a database query did not work if text objects were selected.
- Correction: Command to create attribute positions and group objects were missing.
- Correction: Calculate volume using cross sections in the drawing view did not work if start point was outside the models.
- Correction: Side lines were not displayed correctly in the section vertex properties, and incorrect values for the side line could be saved to file.
- Correction: Quick templates used “crossfall right” on the left side.
- Correction: Quick templates did not create outer slopes.
- Correction: The tangent point component did not show any heights.
- Correction: The cross fall component had no preset height nor title.
- Correction: Moving and grouping components in profile form settings could create duplicates.
News in Topocad 15.2.3 (2015-01-19)
- Correction: Font problems corrected.
News in Topocad 15.2.2 (2015-01-17)
- Correction: Fill pattern for polygons with holes were not drawn correctly.
- Correction: Settings for WMS services failed to open.
- Correction: Attributes of symbols rotation column of subtypes were not listed.
- Correction: Font problems corrected.
News in Topocad 15.2.1 (2015-01-12)
- Correction: Transformation of data with Gtrans to new drawing caused the program to crash.
- Correction: AutoCAD line types could be drawn incorrectly in the drawing sheet.
- Correction: The legend frame has been removed.
- Ability to specify civil properties on boundary polygons.
- Correction: Unable to save multiple layers simultaneously.
- Correction: Could not save to the Oracle database in the 32-bit version.
- Correction: Attribute styles with sub styles were not copied correctly.
- Correction: Layers were not read correctly.
- Correction: ISM Workflow did not work.
- Correction: Data could not be saved.
- Correction: Functions for import/export were missing.
- Correction: Arcs were not exported correctly to Google Earth (* .kml).
News in Topocad 15.2.0 (2014-12-08)
- Correction: Parameters (license server, license server port, and license number) to the installing program did not work.
- Correction: Find command function did not work in Windows 7.
- Correction: External references did not close properly.
- Correction: The key chain was not saved for all users.
- Correction: The function letting the user handle unrecognized point codes did not work properly.
- New command for Neighbouring Area Report.
- New command to label objects.
- New command to rectify an object.
- Right-click menu with object specific commands (only if an object is selected).
- Ability to edit civil properties directly via the right-click menu (only if an object is selected).
- Ability to rename layer collections.
- Edit as text command report can now include object length, 3D-length, and area.
- Edit as text command report can now include the current view as an image.
- Correction: WMS images were displayed incorrectly in remote desktops.
- Correction: Ok and Cancel buttons were missing in hatch pattern settings.
- Correction: Incorrect user name was used when logging in to WMS.
- Correction: Explode command did not work when exploding civil properties.
- Correction: When pasting grouped objects, you could not stretch/move objects in the group.
- Correction: Exploding groups with database information did not work properly.
- Correction: Polygons could not be used to modify other polygons.
- Correction: In the check object command, the grid did not work properly.
- Correction: Program could crash under certain circumstances when creating and merging DTMs.
- Correction: When creating contours in layers with a description, new layers were created with the description added to the old name.
- Volume command can now use planes created from boundary polygons as theoretical model.
- Volume command can put result data into attributes in a symbol which is inserted into the drawing.
- Correction: Volume command report always included the grid.
- Six new quick templates.
- Ability to view the points ID’s in the view.
- Correction: The roadline editor could crash if there were control points present and new segments were added to the roadline.
- Correction: Create lines from crossfall/height got an incorrect height when it was calculated relative to the profile.
- New feature for creating crossfall from roadline, profile and points.
- Changed size of icons and text in surface command.
- Ability to specify the z offsets in surface command.
- Offset and section are added to the roadline command, and can be displayed in the view as well.
- Correction: Heading and tilt are using selected angle unit instead of radians.
- Ability to specify scale when importing Wavefront files (* .obj).
- Correction: Closed splines were exported incorrectly to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
- Correction: Import of terrain models from LandXML (* .xml) did not work.
- FDO 3.5.0 replaced by FDO 3.8.0.
- Supporting 3D-geometries in PostGIS.
- Ability to use more than one attribute for attribute styles.
- Correction: The escape key did not work in settings.
- Correction: ISM Workflow did not work.
- Correction: The document did not close properly.
- Ability to specify civil properties directly on macros to create lines.)
News Topocad 15.1.4 (2014-11-07)
- Correction: Communication with mobile devices (Leica 1200, Leica Viva) did not work in a 32-bit version.
- Correction: Import of the Swedish Transport Administration’s reference points (.csv) did not work properly.
News in Topocad 15.1.3 (2014-10-17)
- Correction: Grids were not updated correctly.
- Correction: Creating tables did not work.
- Correction: Creating observations during simulation did not work properly.
- Correction: Icons wre missing for Metadata and Connection Points.
- Correction: Exporting roadline to Trimble did not work.
- Correction: Import/Export to Leica VIVA/1200 dit not work for mobile devices.
- Correction: Attribute definitions got wrong height when exporting to AutoCAD (*.dwg/*.dxf).
News in Topocad 15.1.2 (2014-09-26)
• Correction: Info page was not updated correctly.
• Correction: Import function did not work in 32 bit version.
• Correction: Roadline editor did not update control point list when roadline was modified.
• Correction: Import of Microstation (*.dgn) did not work.
• Correction: Exporting roadline to Trimble and Leica did not work with Topocad Base module.
• Correction: Program crashed when deleting sections.
• Correction: Creating sections with a tolerance genereted incorrect section list.
• Correction: Tabs in global options had incorrect names.
• Correction: Merging DTMs did not work. Overlapping triangles were created.
News in Topocad 15.1.1 (2014-09-23)
• Linetype list header is now optional in legend command.
• Snap lock is now avaliable in the status bar.
• Correction: Improved creation of terrain models (*.dtm) from drawing.
• Correction: White objects were printed with white color if print color mode was set to “Use object color”.
• Correction: Create drawing sheet command displayed duplicates in template list.
• Correction: Exporting DTM to DWG generated a DXF.
• Correction: Importing coordinate file (*.pxy) to survey document (*.sur) did not work.
• Correction: Export function was missing.
• Correction: Side line references did not work in 64 bit version.
• Correction: Create line command failed under certain circumstances.
• Correction: Print function (report) was missing.
• Correction: Create DTM from terrace layer did not work.
• Correction: Lines & Text settings did not work.
• Correction: Undo/redo did not work.
• Correction: There were no buttons to show/hide profile list and current point windows.
• Correction: Roadline Corridor Plane component was not drawn.
• Color from raster command can now select multiple files.
News in Topocad 15.1.0 (2014-09-17)
- Updated user interface.
- Ability to add panels and commands in a separate category (drawings, data, net adjustment, calculated sections and section templates)
- Ability to open multiple documents simultaneously.
- Correction: The dialog to search and modify the grid could freeze the program.
- Correction: When using external references, the program did not terminate correctly.
- Correction: Automatic saving of documents did not work correctly.
- Correction: System settings for the coordinate axes were not saved.
- Correction: Database generated line types were not saved to the drawing (.topx).
- Correction: Improved plotting of grids.
- Correction: Application title bar was not updated correctly.
- Correction: Ability to change the order of the tabs in tabbed views is removed.
- Correction: Files opened via drag and drop were not added to the list of recently opened files.
- Correction: All edit boxes did not support cut and paste.
- Ability to export to layer PDF.
- Ability to edit layers, line type, color, and lineweight in the command edit as text.
- Ability to add credentials for WMS services in keychain.
- Ability to automatically follow a road alignment and profile with the specified speed in the road line tracker.
- Improvement of camera control in free flight mode.
- Raster objects can now load TGA files (* .tga).
- Support for importing Wavefront files (* .obj).
- Default settings for pen and line thickness when printing is changed, from according to pen table, to according to object.
- Faster calculation of contours with the use of point clouds.
- Correction: WMS services could not be deleted completely from saved drawings.
- Correction: Drawings could be saved in the new format (.topx) but with the file extension .top.
- Correction: The list of the current layer, linetype, and the baseline was not updated correctly.
- Correction: Read/write for lr/lx files did not work properly.
- Correction: The scale bar was printed incorrectly on black background.
- Correction: The command extend only worked for every second object if you selected multiple.
- Correction: The command trim sometimes did not work on arcs.
- Correction: It was sometimes not possible to change the color of the selected object.
- Correction: Raster object that creates GeoRef files (.tfw etc) saved an incorrect x-coordinate, if the image was too large.
- Correction: The document selection combo did not work if a standard drawing was used.
- Correction: Edit point attributes crashed the program if you added an attribute with a value list.
- Correction: Transformation parameters from transformation command were saved improperly.
- Correction: When calculating mean points automatically, point ID and code disappeared on the new point.
- Correction: In case of interactive calculation of mean points, it was impossible to cancel the command.
- Correction: The command to calculate the heights of the DTM also calculated heights of deleted triangles.
- Correction: Copy and Paste attribute definitions did not work properly.
- Correction: The command to create contours did not work properly with point clouds.
- Correction: Pictures were somtimes printed with incorrect colors.
- Correction: Snap intersection was not working against its own line.
- Correction: Point info (elevation) could appear at incorrect height.
- Correction: Tooltip for items did not show if it belonged to an external reference.
- Correction: Switching on and off external references in 3D mode could cause the camera to move.
- Correction: Updated calculation of angular dimensions.
- Correction: Line types and fill patterns took no account of the drawing scale when exporting to AutoCAD (*.dwg / *. dxf).
- Correction: Import/export to Marit files (* .xyz) did not work.
- Ability to copy commands.
- Correction: Cant was not saved.
- Correction: Length table did not work in the geometry file.
- Correction: Export to SBG Profiles (*.prf) was done incorrectly.
- Correction: Volume calculation between two models was wrong in some cases.
- Correction: Inserted raster images were resized incorrectly if the image was too big.
- Correction: When importing LAS files, the filter settings were not used.
- Correction: The export function has been added.
- Ability to communicate via TCP/IP with instruments.
- Support of the NMEA sentences PDGGT $ and $ GPHDT.
- The surface command draws and up/down arrow in the command window, and it is now optional for the arrows to be drawn in the drawing view.
- Correction: Centered position marker now works in perspective mode and split views.
- Correction: Survey Data Document could not be saved.
- Correction: The calculation log did not work properly.
- Correction: Calculation of coordinates could freeze the program.
- Correction: Function to set backsights did not work properly.
- Correction: If the polygon point file was missing, it was not created automatically in the calculation.
- Correction: Import of SBG polar surveying files (*.plm) did not work.
- Correction: Empty attribute styles were not read into the layer definition.
- Correction: Maps could not be removed.
- Correction: Default values for color, lineweight and line type of the object are changed: from according to point code, to according to layer.
- Correction: Connection between the view and the current section dialog box was missing.
- Correction: Closing calculated sections documents was not done properly (flickering window).
- Correction: Calculated sections could not be inserted into the drawing.
- Correction: Undo/redo was not working in the document type section template.
- Correction: Buttons for layers, areas, the current section and paragraph information was missing.
- Correction: The program crashed when loading the document unless the components were found (road alignment, profile, and crossfall).
- Correction: It was not possible to resize the dialog boxes for the current section, area, and layers.
- Correction: Buttons for layers and point info were missing.
- Correction: Many components gave rise to an application crash if they missed data.
- Correction: Observations could get the wrong series number.
News in Topocad 15.0.3 (2014-06-18)
- Support for dates prior to 1970.
- Correction: The Borrow license function did not work.
- Correction: The ribbon bar menu was not updated properly when closing documents.
- Correction: Copying to the grid did not work.
- Correction: Control codes were not saved correctly.
- Improved configuration for WMS services (system settings).
- Support for multiple WMS services simultaneously.
- Support for WMS-T.
- Ability to perform duplicate check of points in general imports.
- Ability to edit object attributes in the Edit text-command.
- Correction: Proxy Objects were saved incorrectly. NOTE! Drawings (TOPX) with proxy objects created in 15.0.3 cannot be opened in earlier versions of the program.
- Correction: Point info always appeared at height 0.
- Correction: Lists in the filter command were not updated correctly.
- Correction: Tooltip with information about objects was not correctly updated.
- Correction: Editing attribute positions did not work.
- Correction: Inserting symbols in drawing sheets did not work.
- Correction: The open map-dialog did not work properly.
- Ability to receive direction from a GPS instrument.
- Correction: Communication with the instrument did not work.
- Correction: The list of point code favorites was displayed incorrectly.
- Correction: Export of files to Leica GSI was incorrect.
- Correction: Import of PXY files to survey data did not work.
- Correction: Export of objects with AutoCAD line types to DWG/DXF did not work.
- Correction: Import of PolyFacMesh and PolygonMesh items from DWG/DXF was incorrect.
- Correction: Export of polygons to ESRI shape did not work.
- Correction: Export of KML files was incorrect.
- Correction: Leica configuration did not work.
- Ability to follow the instrument in the roadline tracker.
- Correction: The command for replacement sections had an incorrect name in the menu.
- Correction: User terrain layers did not load.
Civil Planning module
- Ability to explode civil planning properties to symbols.
News in Topocad 15.0.2 (2014-05-12)
- New function: Keychain for automatic login, where login is required (TC5D , FDO , ISM , ArcGIS and general database connection).
- Correction: Search function for commands could sometimes get the focus incorrectly.
- Correction: Search function for commands could cause program to crash if it was disabled.
- Correction: Columns with point ID could not be edited in the dialog Search and modify.
- Correction: Text controls in grids could only handle text that was equal to or less than the control’s width.
- Correction: The application could hang when creating new documents.
- Correction: The application was not properly shut down if you chose to cancel the choice of license at startup.
- New command to draw rectangles.
- Correction: The command Show coordinates was missing.
- Correction: Rasters could be drawn with transparency if a transparent object was placed over the raster.
- Correction: The right-click popup menu did not work in the Layer Manager.
- Correction: The report for pile differences did not work properly .
- Correction: Some controls were not visible in the command for calculation of slew/lift.
- Correction: Generic export with delimitation field did not work.
- Ability to select a layer with points to be treated as text.
- Automatic selection of geometry types when selecting a data source that supports multiple geometry types.
- Correction: All stations were always calculated regardless of which ones were selected.
- Correction: The program crashed when saving to the database if the data was created via EspaCity.
- Correction: The header in the GSI format was incorrect when exporting a roadline to Leica.
News in Topocad 15.0.1 (2014-04-09)
- Ability to drag and drop files directly into the program.
- Correction: Values in the project settings were not saved properly.
- Correction: The help file could not be opened from the program.
- Correction: The report generator was not installed correctly.
- Ability to set transparency on surfaces.
- Ability to specify transparency on images.
- Correction: Transformations via Proj4 did not work properly.
- Correction: Transformations via Gtrans not work properly.
- Correction: When closing the drawings, the program could crash.
- Correction: The done button did not work properly in the entity properties dialog if you selected multiple entities.
- Correction: Pen settings did not work when printing.
- Correction: Layers were not created correctly when calculating the volume between two terrain models.
- Correction: Raster in terrain models were not displayed correctly.
- Correction: Layer level was not saved to file. NOTE! Drawings (TOPX) created in 15.0.1 cannot be opened in 15.0.0.
- Correction: Attributes could not be added/removed in the command Edit point attributes.
- Ability to export to Leica VIVA.
- Updated SOSI-export to SOSI 8.1
- Correction: Serial communication with instruments did not work.
- Correction: Export to LandXML did not work.
- Correction: Export of sections to LandXML was missing.
- Correction: Export by TrimbleLink did not work.
- Correction: General import was missing.
- Correction: Saving point cloud files that were not modified resulted in an empty file.
- New functionality: Headlines with indexing.
- Correction: Plan properties were not saved correctly.
News in Topocad 15.0.0 (March 20, 2014)
- New interface.
- Better performance, with support for 64-bit processors.
- New function for visualizing and editing point clouds.
- New snap function for point clouds.
- New version of Fast-Report.
- New display modes in terrain model view.
- Several bug fixes.
- Support for additional raster formats.
- Support for AutoCAD line types.
- New functions for tunnels in calculated sections.
- Export to Leica VIVA.
- Support for transparent surfaces.
- Support for background color on surfaces with patterns.
- The legend updated with functionality.